Cowboy cookies are basically just chocolate chip cookies
with lots of added extras thrown in. This cowboy cookies recipe has coconut, oats and walnuts in addition to chocolate chips. Chilling the dough gives these cowboy cookies great texture.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly-packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Cream butter and sugars together with an electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Turn off mixer. Dump flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in the middle of the batter. Mix in on low speed until incorporated.
- Stir in oats, walnuts, coconut and chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough 1-4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake on center rack, 9-11 minutes until browned around the edges but still soft in the middle. Cool on wire racks.