Chocolate Crackle Cookies
Chocolate crackle cookies (also called chocolate crinkle cookies) are balls of chocolate dough rolled in powdered sugar. As they bake, the top becomes crackly and bits of chocolate cookie peek through. Bake sales, potlucks and cookie exchange parties
are a great time to make these chocolate crinkle cookies.
Prep Time: 3 hours, 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours, 27 minutes
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chps
- 3/4 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/3 cup finely-chopped walnuts
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe container. Heat on medium power (50%) for 60 seconds. Stir, and repeat until chips are melted.
- Mix brown sugar, oil and melted chocolate chips. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add to chocolate mixture. Stir in chopped walnuts. Cover, and refrigerate 2-3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with a Silpat mat (Compare Prices) or parchment paper.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in powdered sugar to coat well. Place on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.