Jam Cookies RecipeThis jam cookies recipe is a little like a danish. A buttery cookie dough is baked in long strips then filled with strawberry jelly and topped with white chocolate icing. The jam filled cookies are then cut into strips. Yum!
- 3/4 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar together until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour and baking powder until it forms a soft dough.
- Divide dough into four portions. Roll dough into a 13-inch long strip. Place on a cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining three portions of dough.
- With the handle of a wooden spoon, make a 1/4-inch deep indentation lengthwise down the middle of each strip of dough. Fill indentations with jam.
- Bake 20-22 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat white chocolate chips and shortening on high for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat until melted. Drizzle over jam filled cookies. Cut jam-filled cookies into strips, cross-wise.
Makes 36 jam-filled cookies.