Don't Miss: Sugar Cookie Recipes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
refrigeration time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 27 minutes
Yield: 36-48 cookies
- 1-2/3 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- For Topping:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together until creamy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla extract.
- On low speed, beat in flour mixture until incorporated, but do not overmix.
- Chill dough in refrigerator 1 hour.
- Shape dough into tablespoon-sized balls. Mix together sugar and cinnamon and place in a shallow dish. Roll dough balls into cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 8-12 minutes until light golden on the bottom. Cool on cookie sheets.
Don't Miss: Top Christmas Cookie Recipes