These homemade strawberry cupcakes are made with fresh strawberries and no cake mix or jello. These cupcakes are moist and tender and bursting with fresh strawberry flavor. But what really makes these cupcakes stand out is the icing. It is a basic white frosting, dotted with fresh strawberries.
Don't Miss: Strawberry Recipes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 22 minutes
Total Time: 42 minutes
Yield: Makes 18 strawberry cupcakes.
- 2/3 cup to 1 cup fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 10 Tbsp. butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- Strawberry Cupcake Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2-3 tsp. milk
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease.
- Place strawberries in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. You will need enough strawberries to yield 1/2 cup strawberry puree. Mix strawberry puree with milk and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter 1 minute. Add sugar, beating well. Beat in eggs.
- Alternately add half the strawberry mixture, then half the flour mixture, mixing until blended. Use an ice cream scoop to fill muffin tins.
- Bake 20-22 minutes. Cool strawberry cupcakes 10 minutes in muffin tins, then transfer to wire racks to finish cooling.
- Make strawberry cupcake frosting: Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy. Add vanilla and 1 tsp. of milk. If frosting is too thick, beat in another teaspoon or two of milk until icing reaches desired consistency. Stir in chopped strawberries.
- Frost completely cooled strawberry cupcakes with fresh strawberry icing.
Don't Miss: Cupcake Recipes from Scratch