These strawberry cupcakes are simple to make, because they start with a cake mix. Fresh or frozen strawberries and strawberry jelly add great strawberry flavor to these cupcakes. I like to top these strawberry cupcakes with cream cheese frosting
and a fresh strawberry.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 18.25 oz. white or yellow cake mix (a white cake mix will produce a pinker color for these strawberry cupcakes)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup strawberry jelly
- 6 oz. fresh or frozen strawberries, washed and hulled
- 1-2 cups cream cheese frosting
- fresh, sliced strawberries, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- Place cake mix, eggs, oil, milk and strawberry jelly in a mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until combined.
- If using fresh strawberries, chop coarsely. If using frozen strawberries, place in a food processor with 1 Tbsp. of water and pulse until almost pureed, but still a little chunky. Add strawberries to cupcake batter.
- Fill cups three-quarters of the way full. Bake 20-25 minutes, until strawberry cupcakes spring back when pressed lightly in the center. Let cupcakes cool 10 minutes in pan. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Frost cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. Top with sliced strawberries.
Makes 18 strawberry cupcakes.