Moist Vanilla Cupcakes
These vanilla cupcakes are moist, tender and provide the perfect base for decorating. You can use either my cream cheese frosting
or my buttercream frosting
for this vanilla cupcake recipe.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 18-24 Vanilla Cupcakes
- 3/4 cup butter, softened to room temperature (should be very soft)
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 2-1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin tin or line with paper cups.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter until fluffy, 3-4 minutes. Beat in sugar, then eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Stop mixer. Dump flour, baking powder and salt on top of vanilla cupcake batter. Turn mixer on low and gradually add milk to the batter. Mix just until the flour is incorporated. Do not overmix or cupcakes will turn out tough.
- Use an ice cream scoop to portion cupcake batter into muffin tins. Bake 20-22 minutes until cupcakes are firm to the touch.
- Let vanilla cupcakes cool 5 minutes in muffin tins. Remove from muffin tins, and let vanilla cupcakes cool completely before frosting.