It's sweet. It's creamy. It's a favorite partner of chocolate and tastes great on a sandwich. It's peanut butter, of course. And these peanut butter desserts are the best of the best -- the recipes I most often get requests for and the ones readers have reviewed as tops. Enjoy!
Peanut Butter Cookies
When they're good, they're soft, chewy and rich with peanut flavor. When they're bad, they hard, crumbly and a poor excuse for a cookie. These recipes are the good kind, of course.
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies - This 5-star recipe is one the kids never seem to tire of. Mini peanut butter cups are pressed into peanut butter cookie dough in these bite-sized wonders. This is a great one for Christmas cookie exchanges; everyone will want the recipe.
- Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies - These classic cookies are a favorite with both kids and adults. Kids love making these cookies, especially pressing the kisses into the cookies when they come out of the oven. Love chocolate? Try my recipe for chocolate peanut butter kiss cookies - they're the same chocolate-and-peanut butter flavors but with a chocolate peanut butter cookie base.
- Peanut Butter Cookies Drizzled with Chocolate - Soft peanut butter cookies are finished off with a drizzle of melted chocolate that makes for cookie-eating heaven. These cookies taste fantastic right out of the oven (and they're pretty great the next day, too -- if they last that long).
- Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe - These are the old-fashioned peanut butter cookies you may remember from your childhood. They're soft and chewy and perfect with a glass of cold milk. Store these cookies in an airtight container. Add a piece of white bread to the container to keep the cookies soft.
- Peanut Butter Cookies with Chopped Peanut Butter Cups - Decadent is about the only word that can describe these cookies. They're like a candy and a cookie in one. Instead of chocolate chips, chopped peanut butter cups accent these soft peanut butter cookies. This is a great recipe for bake sales and parties.
Peanut Butter Brownies and Bars
You don't normally think of peanut butter brownies as a crave-worthy dessert. They just aren't as popular as fudge brownies or the more decadent variations, like mint brownies or coconut brownies. But whenever my kids have friends over, they want me to make one of these recipes. And I gladly comply because I want to eat the leftovers!
- Peanut Butter Brownies - The peanut butter in the batter gives these brownies the ideal soft and chewy brownie texture. I like to use dark chocolate chips for this recipe, but the kids usually prefer semisweet or milk chocolate chips.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Layer Bars - I have to be careful when I make these bars, because if I don't have friends and family to serve them to, I'll end up eating the whole batch myself. That's how good these bars are. You wouldn't think chocolate, peanut butter and coconut would be a good combination, but these bars are like little bites of heaven. If you're a fan of magic cookie bars, you will like this recipe.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies - A chocolate brownie base is swirled with sweetened peanut butter in these rich brownies that are perfect for snacking. And because this recipe starts with a brownie mix, it is super easy.
- Kit Kat Bars - This is one of my most-requested recipes, and if you make it, you will instantly know why. The contrast of textures and flavors in this recipe is amazing. And these bars really do taste like a homemade version of the popular candy.