You'll notice that this collection of brownie and bar cookie recipes is a bit heavy on the chocolate. What can I say? We're a family of chocolate-lovers. Enjoy!
Don't Miss: Brownie Recipes for All Occasions
- Chocolate Brownies -- Chewy inside with a crackly top, these brownies are everything a good brownie should be.
- Chocolate Brownies with Mint and Fudge Frosting -- This three-layer brownie has a creamy layer of sweet mint between a brownie base and a fudge frosting.
- Blonde Brownies -- A lot of times blondies will be made with butterscotch chips or nuts. This version is made with chocolate chips. It gives these blonde brownies the flavor of a chocolate chip cookie in the form of a soft and chewy brownie.
- S'mores Brownies -- This kid-favorite has all the flavors of s'mores - chocolate, marshmallows and graham crackers - in chewy brownie form.
- Magic Cookie Bars -- If you're a fan of chocolate and coconut, this is the recipe for you. It's sweet and easy to make and freezes well, making this an ideal make-ahead recipe for parties.
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars - Imagine oatmeal chocolate chip cookies in bar cookie form, and that's what you get when you make these oatmeal chocolate chip cookie bars. They're soft and chewy, with a wholesome flavor that is punctuated by rich chocolate.
- Black Bottom Banana Bars -- These bars remind me of the black bottom cupcakes that used to be so popular in delis. A chocolate crust, which is made with a cake mix is the basis for these bars, which are then topped with a creamy cheesecake layer that is dotted with mini chocolate chips. The twist? Mashed banana in the cheesecake layer.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies -- These chewy brownies start with a brownie mix. I recommend Trader Joe's truffle brownie mix.
- Lemon Bars Recipe -- These sweet-tart bars make a refreshing dessert for spring and summer.
- German Chocolate Brownies -- If you're a fan of chocolate and coconut together, you will adore these brownies. They're like a German chocolate cake in an easy-to-make brownie form.
- Kit Kat Bars -- If you like the flavor of Kit Kat candy bars, you will love this easy-to-make bar cookie.
- S'mores Bars -- These bars have a graham cracker base, which is topped with a chocolate brownie layer, then finished off with marshmallows. Kids love these bars.
- Congo Bars -- Chocolate chips, walnuts and coconut add flavor to these blonde brownie-like bars.
- Microwave Brownies -- In less than 15 minutes, you can have chewy chocolate brownies with this fast and easy recipe.
- No Bake Brownies -- I came up with this recipe when my oven wasn't working for a month, and the kids begged me for brownies. Who could believe just four ingredients could taste this good?
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Layer Bars -- These bars start out like magic cookie bars or seven layer bars with a graham cracker base and coconut on top. But then these bars are topped with a chocolate peanut butter layer that is just incredible.