So I like to experiment with different recipes. Sometimes I'll try to tweak the texture, by adding an extra egg yolk or using melted butter instead of softened butter. Other times, I'll experiment with add-ins -- peanut butter, oatmeal and coconut are my family's favorites. But they've also grown to love crushed pretzels and even bran flakes in my healthy chocolate chip cookies (you don't really taste the bran flakes - it just adds texture and body to the recipe).
This collection includes all of my family's favorite recipes for chocolate chip cookies. Can you tell we have a hard time narrowing it down? Not surprisingly, when I'm testing new recipes, the kids in the neighborhood are automatically drawn to our house, like bees to honey, so they have been my testers too (it's a tough job, but the kids don't seem to mind it). And I can honestly say, these recipes were consistently ranked as tops by the most discerning palates under the age 18.
Try them, and let me know what you think. Write reviews (it helps me develop better recipes for you and helps your fellow web surfers, too). And let me know what the best chocolate chip cookies you've ever had were like. I'm always striving to create new and better recipes for you.
- Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe -- I don't like to play favorites, but these are my favorite chocolate chip cookies. Big, fat, soft and chewy, these cookies are everything a good chocolate chip cookie should be. You have to follow the baking directions pretty carefully, though. It's the key to getting the right texture. They aren't hard, but you do have to shape the cookies properly, space them on the cookie sheet properly and bake them just until golden and crispy on the outside, but still soft on the inside. The extra effort is worth it - these are some of the best chocolate chip cookies you will ever taste.
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe -- The extra egg yolk is one of my secrets for making these chocolate chip cookies extra chewy. Even better: These cookies will retain their soft texture for several days. Store in an airtight container with a piece of slice of fresh white bread for best results.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe -- Dark brown sugar, which has a bit more molasses than light brown sugar, gives these chocolate chip cookies a wonderfully tender, moist and chewy texture.
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe -- Sour cream is the secret ingredient in this recipe. It lends a soft texture to these cookies. I recommend using dark chocolate chips for a bright punch of flavor.
- Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe -- The combination of butter and shortening gives these chocolate chip cookies a wonderful texture. These cookies taste best right out of the oven. The chocolate chips will melt in your mouth!
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe -- How to make a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe better? By adding more chocolate, of course. This one has a chocolate cookie base for double the rich chocolate flavor. It's a chocoholic's dream cookie!
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies -- Who doesn't like the combination of chocolate and peanut butter? It's a classic, and it works beautifully in this recipe.
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies -- With heart-healthy oatmeal and bran flakes, this chocolate chip cookies recipe also has less sugar than most cookie recipes. Add chopped walnuts for extra texture, flavor and heart-healthy goodness.
- Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe -- Mashed sweet potatoes and oatmeal give these chocolate chip cookies a wholesome, harvest-like flavor. I like to make this recipe in the fall around Halloween and Thanksgiving.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe -- A touch of corn syrup helps keep these chocolate chip cookies soft and chewy.
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe -- These chocolate chip cookies have a lovely pumpkin flavor that makes them a perfect treat in the fall. The pumpkin pie spice also makes the whole house smell homey as these cookies are baking.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies -- These chocolate chip cookies have a chocolate cookie base with peanut butter chips - the basic peanut butter chocolate chip cookie in reverse.