Apple CrispWhen apples are in season, I love making this apple crisp recipe. I serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 5-6 medium Granny Smith or Golden Delicious apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3/4 cup firmly-packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place apple slices in prepared baking dish. Toss with lemon juice.
- Mix brown sugar, flour, walnuts, oats, cinnamon and cloves together.
- With a pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until the mixture becomes crumbly. Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake 25-35 minutes until golden and bubbly.
Serve warm, topped with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Apple RecipesApple Pie with Homemade Crust
Caramel Apple Pie Recipe
Apple Crisp Recipe
Taffy Apple Salad Recipe
Apple Pie Recipe
Hot Apple Cider
Taffy Apple Salad
Apple Cheese Sandwich