Be sure to use a long-grain brown rice for this rice pudding recipe. I like jasmine or basmatic brown rice.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 4 hours, 5 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2 cup long-grain brown rice (recommended: jasmine or basmati rice)
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries or raisins
- Mist the slow cooker stoneware with cooking spray. Rinse rise.
- Add all of the ingredients to the Crockpot, and stir. Cover, and cook on high for 3-5 hours or low for 5-7 hours.
Note: The length of cooking time depends on the size, shape and temperature of your Crockpot as well as the type of rice you use for this recipe.
Newer slow cookers tend to cook faster and at a higher temperature, so check the rice pudding at the shortest cooking time to see if it's done. Bowl-shaped slow cookers tend to work well with this recipe and also tend to cook faster. Experiment, and let me know how it goes. Post a review.
Don't Miss: Stovetop Rice Pudding Recipe