These flower shaped Rice Krispies treats make a fun dessert or snack to make for spring birthdays, Easter or Mother's Day. You will need flower cookie cutters (compare prices) to make these rice crispy treats. Kids can help with this recipe, but it's probably best to have an adult work with the marshmallow mixture right off the stove. Let the kids do the decorating after the treats cool a bit.
Don't Miss: Rice Crispy Treats Recipes for All Occasions
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: approximately 12 servings
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1 10 oz. package (about 40) regular marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- canned frosting
- assorted candies
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until they are completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add the Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until the cereal is well coated with the marshmallow mixture.
- Using a buttered spatula, evenly press the mixture into a 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan that has been coated with cooking spray. Cool slightly. Using flower-shaped cookie cutters coated with cooking spray, cut the Rice Krispies treats into flower shapes. Decorate with frosting and/or candies.
In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the butter and marshmallows on high for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above.