See Also: Apple Recipes You Won't Want to Miss
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Yield: 8 Servings
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 egg white
- 8 large Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored and thinly-sliced
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Unfold one of the pie crusts into a 9-inch pie plate. Brush with egg white (this prevents the crust from getting soggy). Let the egg white dry while you prepare the filling.
- Toss apples with remaining ingredients. Pile into prepared crust.
- Unfold the second prepared pie crust over the apples, tucking the excess under the bottom crust. Now crimp the edges with your fingers.
- Cut 3-4 slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape. Cover the pie loosely with a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Bake 10 minutes. Remove the foil, lower the temperature to 375 degrees F., and bake another 30-40 minutes.
Don't Miss: Recipe for Apple Pie with Maple Syrup