Brownie sundaes are the perfect special occasion dessert. Although I prefer homemade chocolate brownies for this recipe, you can certainly use store-bought brownies in a pinch. But don't use a store-bought sauce. The recipe below is decadent and delicious, and the hot fudge sauce really makes it fantastic.
See also Ice Cream Recipes and Frozen Desserts.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- For Hot Fudge Sauce:
- 4 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup whipping cream
- For Sundaes:
- 4 chocolate brownies (either store-bought or homemade)
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Prepare the hot fudge sauce: Combine chocolate, sugar and butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Stir in cream, a little at a time, until well-incorporated. When the sauce is smooth, remove from heat.
- Place brownies in four dishes. Top each with a scoop of ice cream, some warm chocolate sauce and strawberries.