Caramel Apple Pie Recipe
This caramel apple pie recipe is easy because it's made with a store-bought pie crust and caramel ice cream topping. Be sure to let this caramel apple pie cool at least 40 minutes before cutting. This will prevent the juices from seeping out of the pie.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Yield: 8 Servings, Caramel Apple Pie
- 1 15 oz. package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1/4 cup crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 6 cups sliced Granny Smith apples
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Unfold one pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs.
- In a large bowl, combine apple slices, flour, lemon juice, cinnamon and walnuts. Mound into pie crust.
- Drizzle caramel ice cream topping over apples.
- Unfold second pie crust on top of the apples, tucking the excess under the bottom crust. Crimp with your fingers or a fork.
- Cut 3 slits in the pie to allow steam to escape. Cover very loosely with a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Bake 10 minutes. Remove foil. Reduce temperature to 375 degrees. Bake another 30-40 minutes. Let pie rest at least 40 minutes before slicing.