The secret that makes this recipe so tender is an extra yolk in the batter. Serve these cookies warm with a tall glass of cold milk.
Don't Miss: 10 Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 48 soft chocolate chip cookies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup firmly-packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 12 oz. dark or semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. With an electric mixer, cream together butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in egg, egg yolk and vanilla.
- Pour flour on top of batter, but do not beat in yet. Sprinkle baking soda and salt over flour. Beat on low speed just until a soft dough forms. Do not overbeat the dough.
- Stir chocolate chips into cookie dough. Drop chocolate chip cookies by rounded tablespoonsful onto ungreased cookie sheets (compare prices).
- Bake 8-10 minutes until the cookies are set and golden brown around the outside. The cookies will still be a little underbaked on the inside. Let the cookies cool on cookie sheets for 10 minutes (if you can wait that long!).
Don't Miss: Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe