Chocolate Shortbread Recipe
This chocolate shortbread recipe tastes as delectable as it looks. You can use either white chocolate candy melts or white chocolate chips for this recipe. Andes makes peppermint morsel chunks, which can be found in some grocery stores. If not, simply take peppermint candies and crush in the food processor.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup white chocolate candy melts or white chocolate chips
- 1 cup crushed peppermint candies or peppermint candy chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Beat butter with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add sugar, and beat well, another 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in vanilla.
- With clean hands, mix in flour and cocoa powder until it forms a soft dough. Roll out onto a parchment sheet or a silpat mat, forming an 8-inch circle. Prick several times with a fork.
- Bake on center rack 20-30 minutes until edges just begin to brown.
- Cut into triangles. Let cool completely, several hours.
- Place candy melts or white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe container. Heat on medium (50% power) for 1 minute. Stir, and repeat until melted.
- Place peppermint candies in a shallow dish. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Dip the wide end of the cooled shortbread into the melted white chocolate, then the peppermint candies. Place on waxed paper to cool. Repeat with the remaining shortbread.