If you're looking for a chocolate chip cookie recipe without brown sugar and without eggs, these chocolate chip shortbread cookies are for you. Light and buttery, these cookies make an ideal snack, dessert or tea time treat. The secret is the combination of powdered sugar and cornstarch, which makes this recipe light and melt-in-your-mouth good!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (such as Ghirardelli 60% cacao)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Beat in flour and cornstarch until integrated into the dough.
- Stir in the chocolate chips with a spoon.
- Drop by teaspoonsful onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-15 minutes until lightly golden around the edges.