Chocolate Brownies with Mint and Fudge FrostingThese chocolate brownies are topped with a mint filling, then a chocolate frosting for a decadent mint chocolate brownie treat the kids adore.
These mint chocolate brownies do have to be prepared several hours in advance, but the wait is worth it. These brownies are excellent for potlucks, picnics, bake sales, and special occasions.
- 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- For Filling:
- 3 Tbsp. butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 2-3 drops green food coloring (optional)
- For Glaze:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 oz. semisweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8- or 9-inch square baking pan.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat and let cool a few minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until creamy. Beat in the flour.
- Stir in the chocolate mixture. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 22-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let brownies cool completely, at least 1 hour.
- Prepare filling: Beat butter and sugar together with an electric mixer.
- Add milk and peppermint extract, beating until smooth. Add food coloring if using.
- Spread filling over cooled brownies. Refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour.
- For glaze: Heat butter and chocolate in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring until smooth. Pour over mint layer, spreading out evenly.
- Refrigerate until firm.
Brownies RecipesChocolate Brownies
Chocolate Chip Brownies with Almonds
Chocolate Mint Brownies
No Bake Brownies
Chocolate Brownies with Mint and Fudge Frosting
Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
Bars and Squares RecipesChocolate Coconut Bars
Chocolate Pecan Bar Cookies
Date Nut Bars
Magic Cookie Bars
Crisp Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Coco-Nutty Tropical Treat Bars