Don't Miss: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
refrigeration time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 28 minutes
Yield: 48 cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup firmly-packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or a silpat mat (compare prices) (or simply used ungreased cookie sheets). The silpat mat makes it easier to ensure the cookies don't get overcooked, which helps them stay chewy.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the cooled melted butter with the sugars. Beat in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla until well-combined.
- Stir in the flour mixture until it forms a smooth batter with no lumps of flour showing. Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Refrigerate chocolate chip cookie dough at least 1 hour, or as long as overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Drop chocolate chip cookie dough by rounded tablespoonsful (or use a cookie scoop (compare prices) onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake cookies 12 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Do not overbake, or they will become crisp.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheets. Transfer the cookies to wire racks to finish cooling.
Don't Miss: Recipes for Chocolate Chip Cookies of All Kinds