Don't Miss: Cupcake Recipes from Scratch
- 3 oz. unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler and cool to room temperature.
- Sift together flour and baking powder.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter until fluffy. Beat in sugars until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add half the flour and half the sour cream. When that is incorporated, beat in the remaining flour, sour cream and vanilla.
- Fill prepared cupcake liners two-thirds full. Bake 18-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes before icing. Frost with cream cheese frosting.