Don't Miss: Fresh Strawberry Cupcakes Recipe
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 Tbsp. cold butter, cut into chunks
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup half and half or heavy cream
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- homemade whipped cream or thawed frozen whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- With a pastry blender or two forks, cut in butter until crumbly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and cream.
- Pour cream mixture into the flour mixture, and mix with a fork until the dough just comes together. It will be sticky.
- Grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
- With an ice cream scoop, drop dough onto prepared cookie sheet. Flatten with your fingers to about 3/4-inch thick.
- Bake 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together strawberries and powdered sugar.
- To make shortcakes, place on chocolate biscuit, flat side up on a plate. Top with strawberries and whipped cream.
Don't Miss: Amazing Chocolate Strawberry Recipes