Coconut Cake RecipeThis coconut cake is similar to tres leches cake. Moist and delicious, this coconut cake recipe is so simple too, because it starts with a cake mix. Frozen whipped topping and coconut flakes add a nice finishing touch to this recipe for coconut cake.
Prep Time: 2 hours, 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours, 55 minutes
- 1 white cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup half and half or whole milk
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (such as Taste of Thai)
- 8 oz. frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- With an electric mixer, beat cake mix eggs, water and oil together. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove cake from oven. Poke cake all over with a skewer or thin straw.
- Whisk together sweetened condensed milk, half and half and coconut milk. Pour over cake, tilting the pan to allow the milk mixture to seep into the cake.
- Let cake cool on the counter for 30 minutes. Then refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Remove cake from refrigerator. Frost with thawed whipped topping. Sprinkle coconut evenly over topping.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before cutting.
Cake RecipesRich Chocolate Cake
Chocolate Ice Box Cake
Macaroni Grill Chocolate Cake Recipe
Chocolate Banana Cake
Chocolate Pumpkin Bundt Cake Recipe
Chocolate Tres Leches Cake Recipe
Easy Red Velvet Cake Recipe
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Recipe
Orange Chip Coffee Cake
Peach Dump Cake Recipe
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake
Red Velvet Cupcakes
Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Strawberry Tunnel Cake
Tres Leches Cake Recipe