Recipe for Congo BarsIf you like blonde brownies, you will like this recipe for congo bars. Soft, cakey and chewy, these congo bars make a yummy bake sale treat or dessert anytime.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups firmly-packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray or use a Baker's Edge brownie pan (no greasing necessary).
- Place butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat on 50% power for 45 seconds. Stir. Repeat until melted.
- Let cool 10 minutes. Stir in sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Sift flour and baking powder together. Mix into batter until completely incorporated, but do not overmix.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out a little wet. If using the Baker's Edge pan, check for doneness at 20 minutes.
Brownies RecipesChocolate Brownies
Chocolate Chip Brownies with Almonds
Chocolate Mint Brownies
No Bake Brownies
Chocolate Brownies with Mint and Fudge Frosting
Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
Bars and Squares RecipesChocolate Coconut Bars
Chocolate Pecan Bar Cookies
Date Nut Bars
Magic Cookie Bars
Crisp Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Coco-Nutty Tropical Treat Bars