Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Many healthy chocolate chip cookies aren't really as healthy as they seem. They may have less fat, but they often have more sugar. This chocolate chip cookie recipe is different. It is full of heart-healthy oats, bran flakes and nuts. It has just the right amount of texture and crunch combined with a soft cookie base.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 14 minutes
Total Time: 29 minutes
Yield: 18 healthy chocolate chip cookie
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats or quick-cooking oats (not instant)
- 1/2 cup bran flakes cereal
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat. Or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stir together the flour, baking soda and baking powder in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter until creamy with an electric mixer. Beat in the sugars. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture until well combined.
- Stir in the oats, bran flakes, chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop by teaspoonsful onto prepared cookie sheet approximately 1 inch apart.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes.
Cook on wire racks. Serve warm or store in a tightly-covered container for up to three days.