Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
This ice cream sandwich cake recipe is for the peanut butter-lover. This ice cream sandwich cake has a layer of peanut butter fudge sauce and chopped peanuts between layers of ice cream sandwiches. To make this ice cream sandwich cake even more decadent, drizzle with warm fudge sauce when serving.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 16-20 servings
- 19-20 ice cream sandwiches
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped peanuts
- 9 oz. frozen whipped topping, such as Cool Whip or Tru Whip
- chocolate sauce for garnish, if desired
- Place a ice cream sandwiches in a single layer in a 9 x 13 pan, cutting the ice cream sandwiches to fit the pan as needed.
- Place chocolate chips and peanut butter in a microwave-safe container. Heat on 50% power for 1 minute. Stir, and repeat until chips are melted. Stir so that peanut butter is well incorporated.
- Drizzle half of this chocolate peanut butter sauce over the layer of ice cream sandwiches. Top with half of the chopped peanuts and half of the whipped topping. Top with a second layer of ice cream sandwiches, the remaining chocolate peanut butter sauce, remaining chopped peanuts and remaining whipped topping.
- Freeze ice cream sandwich cake at least 2 hours.
- To serve the ice cream sandwich cake, let the cake thaw at room temperature for 20 minutes. Cut ice cream sandwich cake into squares and drizzle with chocolate sauce, if desired.