Okay, I like to make them a lot. You can make this recipe several days in advance and just refrigerate until you're ready to serve.
Don't Miss: Brownies and Bar Cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 22 minutes
Total Time: 37 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- Lemon Filling:
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 tsp.baking powder
- 1/2 cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- powdered sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch baking pan.
- Make the crust first: Whisk together the flour and powdered sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry blender (compare prices), two knives or your fingers, to make coarse crumbs. Press into prepared pan.
- Bake 18-22 minutes until the crust is light brown.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs, sugar, flour, baking powder lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Pour the filling ingredients over the crust as soon as it comes out of the oven (don't wait for the crust to cool.
- Return to the oven, and bake 20-25 minutes or until the lemon bars are set.
- Cool 5 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar.