Bon Bons Recipe
Bon bons are a fun candy to make with the kids, because they can use their hands. These peanut butter bon bons taste best when made with crunchy peanut butter. It's the texture of the crunchy filling combined with the creamy chocolate coating that makes these peanut butter bon bons taste so good.
Prep Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours
- 1-1/2 cups crispy rice cereal, such as Rice Krispies
- 1-1/4 cups crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 6 oz. chocolate candy bars (or 12 oz. semisweet or milk chocolate)
- Mix crispy rice cereal, peanut butter, graham cracker crumbs and confectioner's sugar together in a large bowl. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper or parchment paper. Melt chocolate in a double boiler.
- Scoop peanut butter mixture into 3/4-inch balls. Drop in melted chocolate, turning to coat and letting excess chocolate drip off. Place bon bons on waxed paper to cool. Refrigerate bon bons at least 20 minutes before serving.