Pumpkin Coffee Cake RecipeThis pumpkin coffee cake is so light and fluffy, you'll want to make it again and again. Be sure to measure the flour correctly. That's key for getting that light and tender texture.
Although this pumpkin spice cake isn't exactly low calorie, it does have many healthy ingredients, including pumpkin, whole wheat flour and walnuts. Serve this pumpkin cake for breakfast or dessert on Thanksgiving and Halloween.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
- For Streusel:
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped walnuts
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1-3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 8 oz. sour cream (low-fat or non-fat is okay)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a bundt pan.
- Mix streusel ingredients together and set aside.
- Beat butter, oil and sugar together with an electric mixer.
- Beat in eggs.
- Add pumpkin, sour cream and vanilla, beating until well-combined.
- Measure the flours carefully by spooning flour into a measuring cup, then leveling off with a knife. Dump the flours on top of the cake batter, but do not mix in yet.
- Spoon baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt on top of flour. Now, with the electric mixer on low, mix the flour into the batter. Make sure it is completely incorporated, but do not overmix.
- Spoon half of the cake batter into the prepared bundt pan. Sprinkle the streusel filling evenly over the cake batter, being careful not to allow it to touch the sides.
- Spoon the remaining cake batter over the streusel filling.
- Bake 55-60 minutes.
- Invert cake and let cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Pumpkin RecipesChocolate Pumpkin Bundt Cake
Pumpkin Bran Muffins
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake Recipe
Pumpkin Coffee Cake Recipe
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Pumpkin Cookies with Orange Glaze
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Brownies
Pumpkin Pie RecipesPumpkin Pie Recipe
Easy Pumpkin Pie
Best Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Homemade Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie
Double Layer Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Pie