This shortbread recipe is melt-in-your-mouth delicious. The shortbread is baked in a round cake pan, then drizzled with chocolate in this amazing shortbread recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8- or 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
- Beat softened butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Turn the mixer down to low. Add the flour in three batches, beating gently with each addition.
- Turn off the mixer. Use your clean hands to blend the flour into the butter mixture and form a soft dough.
- Press into prepared pan. Prick the shortbread all over with a fork to keep it from puffing up in the oven.
- Bake on the middle rack, 18-22 minutes, until the shortbread just starts to turn golden around the edges. Do not overbake!
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate chips and butter together in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Remove the shortbread from the oven. Pour the chocolate mixture over it, spreading evenly to coat.
- Let the shortbread cool 30 minutes. Refrigerate until the chocolate is hardened.