Rocky Road BarsRocky road bars bring the flavor of camping indoors with these bar cookies, which are a cross between brownies and s'mores.
You can find graham cracker crumbs in the baking aisle of your supermarket. Hazelnuts make a nice addition to these s'mores bars, but you can use almonds if you prefer.
If you like making your own homemade marshmallows, they are excellent in these rocky road bars.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup cold butter, divided
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 oz. (3 squares) unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows (or homemade marshmallows cut into small pieces)
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish or Baker's Edge pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stir graham cracker crumbs, cocoa powder and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Cut in 3/4 cup of butter with a pastry blender or two knives until the mixture becomes like coarse crumbs.
- Press the mixture on the bottom and about 1/2-inch up the sides of the prepared pan.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the remaining 1/4 cup of butter, the unsweetened chocolate and the sweetened condensed milk. Heat on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until the chocolate is melted.
- Sprinkle the coconut evenly over the crust in the pan.
- Top with the marshmallows.
- Pour the butter-chocolate mixture over the marshmallows.
- Top with the chopped nuts.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly-browned on top.
Brownies RecipesChocolate Brownies
Chocolate Chip Brownies with Almonds
Chocolate Mint Brownies
No Bake Brownies
Chocolate Brownies with Mint and Fudge Frosting
Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
Bars and Squares RecipesChocolate Coconut Bars
Chocolate Pecan Bar Cookies
Date Nut Bars
Magic Cookie Bars
Crisp Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Coco-Nutty Tropical Treat Bars