This sour cream coffee cake recipe makes an appearance at just about every holiday in my family. My aunt Margie was the one to introduce us to it, and the kids just love it. You'll love that this is one of the easiest coffee cakes you can make, because it starts with a cake mix.
Enjoy this sour cream coffee cake with a nice cup of hot tea or a tall glass of cold milk.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 6 oz. package semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 3.4 oz. package vanilla pudding
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a tube pan or bundt pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together the chocolate chips, sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat the cake mix, pudding, sour cream, eggs, and oil.
- Spread half of the chocolate chip mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Top with half of the batter.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chip mixture evenly over the batter.
- Top with the remaining batter.
- Bake 30-40 minutes until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Invert on a platter to cool.
Cake RecipesRich Chocolate Cake
Chocolate Ice Box Cake
Macaroni Grill Chocolate Cake Recipe
Chocolate Banana Cake
Chocolate Pumpkin Bundt Cake Recipe
Chocolate Tres Leches Cake Recipe
Easy Red Velvet Cake Recipe
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Recipe
Orange Chip Coffee Cake
Peach Dump Cake Recipe
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake
Red Velvet Cupcakes
Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Strawberry Tunnel Cake
Tres Leches Cake Recipe