Strawberry Angel Food Cake RecipeThis strawberry tunnel cake makes a wonderfully easy dessert for parties and celebrations, because it looks great and tastes great. Plus, you don't have to bake this strawberry cake, because it starts with a store-bought angel food cake.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (part-skim is okay)
- 1/3 cup milk (skim is okay)
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 1 prepared angel food cake
- 8 oz. frozen whipped topping (such as Cool Whip), thawed
- With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, ricotta cheese, milk, cocoa powder and sugar together. Set aside.
- Set aside 4-5 strawberries for garnish. Hull and slice the remaining strawberries. Add to the cream cheese mixture.
- Slice a 1-inch layer of the angel food cake off the top (up to about where the hole starts). Set this top layer aside -- you will need it later.
- Now use a sharp knife to make a tunnel inside the base of the cake, leaving about a 1/2-inch border of cake on both sides and at the bottom of the cake. Remove the angel food cake pieces, and add to the cream cheese mixture. Mix well.
- Fill the angel food cake tunnel with the strawberry-cream cheese mixture. Top with the reserved top layer of angel food cake.
- Frost with the whipped topping.
- Slice the reserved strawberries, and place on top of the cake to garnish.
Cake RecipesRich Chocolate Cake
Chocolate Ice Box Cake
Macaroni Grill Chocolate Cake Recipe
Chocolate Banana Cake
Chocolate Pumpkin Bundt Cake Recipe
Chocolate Tres Leches Cake Recipe
Easy Red Velvet Cake Recipe
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Recipe
Orange Chip Coffee Cake
Peach Dump Cake Recipe
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake
Red Velvet Cupcakes
Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Strawberry Tunnel Cake
Tres Leches Cake Recipe