Sweet Potato Pie Ice Cream
This sweet potato pie ice cream has all the ingredients of sweet potato pie, but in an ice cream form. The best part about this sweet potato ice cream recipe is that you don't need an ice cream maker to make it. Caramel sauce would make a nice topping for this sweet potato pie ice cream.
- 2/3 cup pecan halves
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup mashed cooked sweet potato
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. water
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 whole graham crackers, broken up into bite-sized pieces
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir together pecan halves, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Spread out in an even layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake 10-14 minutes, stirring occasionally, until toasted.
- Place sweet potato, brown sugar, water and cinnamon in a food processor, fitted with a metal blade. Puree until smooth.
- Add sweet potato mixture, pecans and graham cracker pieces to softened ice cream. Mix well. Spoon into a freezer-safe container. Freeze until firm.