Easy Recipes for Weeknight Dinners:
The kids will enjoy these family-friendly meals, and you will appreciate how easy they are to prepare. Many of these recipes start with shortcut ingredients, like rotisserie chicken, pre-cooked meatballs and the like.
- Chicken French Bread Pizza Recipe - French bread pizza is perfect for family cooks, because you can easily add or subtract toppings for each member of the family, depending on everyone's tastes. Heck, you can even have the kids make their own pizzas with this easy recipe.
- Sweet and Sour Meatballs - Frozen, pre-cooked meatballs make quick work of this tasty dish. If you prefer, try making this recipe with red or orange bell peppers. Serve with hot cooked rice.
- Shrimp Stuffed Potatoes Recipe - Stuffed potatoes are ideal for busy weeknights, because you can cook the potatoes in the microwave, then stuff with whatever you happen to have on hand. This recipe uses frozen shrimp scampi as a shortcut. I recommend using Yukon gold or Russet potatoes for this dish.
- Grilled Mexican Chicken Recipe - Chicken breasts are given a quick soak in a flavorful marinade, then grilled to perfection in this super simple recipe. Serve with baked potatoes and roasted green beans.
- Fried Rice Recipe with Beef - Leftover rice, beef (any kind of cooked beef will do -- flank steak, roast beef, brisket, even deli roast beef), and vegetables can be turned into a whole new dinner quickly and easily with this simple recipe. Feel free to switch the vegetables to whatever frozen or leftover fresh vegetables you have on hand.
- Grilled Salmon with Lemon Caper Sauce - I know this sounds like fancy, adult food, but trust me, if the kids like salmon, they'll like this recipe. The briny capers are surprisingly appealing to kids, and the lemon butter sauce makes it taste like restaurant food. Use your George Foreman grill to make this recipe even easier.
- Easy Taco Salad Recipe - This simple, five-ingredient recipe takes less than half an hour to throw together. Feel free to add whatever taco fixings you like. Chopped fresh tomatoes, avocado or red onions would all make nice additions to this salad.
- Pesto Pasta Recipe - This is one of those last-minute dinners you can throw together when you feel like you've got no time at all. Prepared pesto makes this dish a breeze. For a bit of extra protein, try adding 1 cup of shredded cooked chicken to this recipe.