Baked Sea Scallops Recipe
Cooking scallops is fast and easy, which is why this baked sea scallops recipe is a standard in our house. Just toss the scallops with butter and seasonings, top with bread crumbs and bake. This baked scallops recipe tastes great with pasta.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 14 minutes
Total Time: 24 minutes
Yield: 4 servings, baked scallops
- 1 lb. frozen sea scallops, thawed according to package directions
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 Tbsp. minced garlic
- zest of 1 lemon
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss scallops with melted butter, garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Spread out in a 2-quart baking dish (compare prices) in an even layer.
- Mix Panko with olive oil. Sprinkle over scallops.
- Bake scallops 10-14 minutes, until cooked through.