This pesto tastes great on everything from pasta to sandwiches, chicken and pizza. If you make this recipe and can't use it all right away, transfer the it to ice cube trays and freeze for two hours. When ready to use, simply thaw for 10 minutes on the counter or, if using it in hot foods, just stir the pesto in.
Don't Miss: Kale Pesto Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2 cups
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (Parmigianno-Reggiano)
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place basil, pine nuts and garlic in the work bowl of a food processor (compare prices), fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until the basil is chopped finely.
- Add the parmesan cheese and salt and pepper, to taste. Pulse several times.
- With the food processor running, drizzle in olive oil, a little at a time, until the desired consistency is reached. You may want to use as little as 1/4 cup or as much as 1/2 cup of oil, depending on how chunky you want your pesto to be.
Serve this pesto on pizza, pasta, chicken or sandwiches. Or store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.