Baked spaghetti is one of those recipes the whole family is sure to love. To boost the nutritional content of this recipe, I've added pureed butternut squash (look for it in the baby food aisle). It also lends a sweetness to this spaghetti casserole.
Don't Miss: Pasta Casseroles
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 8-10 servings
- 1 lb. lean (90%) ground beef
- 16 oz. regular or whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 26 oz. jars spaghetti sauce
- 2 3.5 oz. containers baby food pureed butternut squash (optional)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat. Drain.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Stir spaghetti sauce and baby food butternut squash into the ground beef.
- Spoon one-third of the spaghetti sauce mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Mix the remaining spaghetti sauce mixture with the cooked spaghetti. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Top with the shredded cheese.
- Bake 20-30 minutes until browned and bubbly. Let baked spaghetti rest 10 minutes before serving.
Don't Miss: Spaghetti Recipes for Every Day of the Week