BBQ Chicken Recipe
The challenge in making BBQ chicken is preventing the outside of the chicken from burning before the inside is cooked through. This is traditionally solved by painting the barbecue sauce on the chicken at the end of cooking. But this recipe uses a different method: an electric skillet. The result is a tender, tasty BBQ chicken through and through.
Don't Miss: Best BBQ Chicken Recipes | Grilling and Food Safety Quiz
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 tsp. oil
- 3 lbs. chicken pieces
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 16 oz. barbecue sauce
- 16 oz. orange soda
- Preheat an electric skillet (compare prices) to 275 degrees F. Add oil.
- Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. When oil is hot, add chicken to the skillet. Brown for 2 minutes on the first side. Flip.
- Add the barbecue sauce and orange soda.
- Cook, basting occasionally, 35-40 minutes until chicken is cooked through.