BBQ Meatloaf RecipeThis BBQ meatloaf (click for larger image) has a vegetable laden-BBQ sauce topping that really takes traditional meatloaf to a whole new level.
This meatloaf recipe freezes well, too. Just prepare it, wrap it tightly and store in the freezer. Thaw completely in the fridge before re-heating it.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
Yield: 12 servings, BBQ meatloaf
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 lb. ground beef (85% lean)
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 lb. ground veal
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions, celery, red peppers, carrots and garlic. Cook until vegetables soften, 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the barbecue sauce and ketchup. Remove from heat. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs in a large bowl. Add rolled oats, ground meats, salt and pepper.
- Using your hands, fold half of the cooled vegetable mixture into the beef mixture. Mix completely, and form into two meatloaves. Place side by side in a 9 x 13 baking dish, leaving room around each meatloaf.
- Spoon sauce over meatloaves.
- Cover with aluminum foil, and bake 20 minutes. Remove foil, and bake another 30-40 minutes, until a thermometer inserted in the center of the meatloaves reads 155 degrees F. Remove meatloaf from the oven, and let it rest 15-20 minutes before cutting.
Meatloaf RecipesBBQ Meatloaf Recipe
Crockpot Meatloaf Recipe
Easy Meatloaf Recipe
Italian Meatloaf Recipe
Mexican Meatloaf Recipe
Simple Meatloaf Recipe
Turkey Meatloaf Recipe