This recipe is also delicious as a snack. I make it when my kids have late-afternoon sports practices. It gives them the protein, vitamins and carbohydrates they need to keep going until dinner time.
Don't Miss: Quesadilla Recipes
- 1 14 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- 2 large (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- Dump rinsed black beans into a small bowl. Mash with a fork or potato masher.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Divide the mashed black beans evenly between the two tortillas. Top with cheese.
- Lay one of the open-faced tortillas in the skillet (with the cheese-side up). Cook one minute.
- Using tongs, fold tortilla in half. Cook another minute. Using tongs, flip. Cook another minute or two, just until cheese is melted.
- Remove to a plate. Repeat with the other tortilla.
Serve warm with salsa, sour cream and guacamole.
Quesadilla RecipesChicken Quesadillas
Bean and Cheese Quesadillas
Beef and Cheese Quesadillas
Hot Dog Quesadillas
Quesadillas with Vegetables and Cheese
BBQ Chicken Quesadillas