This beef and broccoli recipe is a perfect "go to" recipe for a busy weeknight. Deli roast beef makes this beef with broccoli stir fry quick and easy.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 pound broccoli, washed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 tsp. chili garlic sauce (such as Lee Kum Kee)
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch mixed with 1 Tbsp. water
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 pound rare deli roast beef
- 1 cup bean sprouts, washed and dried
- Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet with a lid or a wok over medium heat.
- Add garlic and stir fry for 20-30 seconds. Watch carefully - lower heat if necessary to avoid letting the garlic burn.
- Turn heat up to medium-high. Add broccoli to the skillet. Sprinkle sugar over broccoli. Stir fry 1-2 minutes.
- Pour water over broccoli. Cover and cook 4-5 minutes until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, chili sauce and rice wine in a small bowl. Pour over broccoli.
- Pour the cornstarch-water mixture into skillet or wok.
- Add mushrooms and roast beef. Stir fry 2-3 minutes until vegetables are tender, and the sauce starts to thicken.
- Add the bean sprouts and stir-fry another 1-2 minutes.