I like to serve these ground beef tacos as a taco bar. The kids really enjoy making their own tacos all by themselves.
Don't Miss: Favorite Taco Recipes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 8 tacos
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped onion
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 taco shells
- Taco Fillings:
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1-2 diced tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (cheddar and Monterey Jack)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup guacamole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook 3 minutes or until onion is softened.
- Add ground beef, breaking up with a spoon to brown on all sides.
- Add cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and water. Stir and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile place taco shells on a baking sheet in the center of preheated oven. Heat 3-5 minutes until lightly toasted.
- Place taco shells, taco meat, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, salsa and guacamole in separate serving dishes. Let everyone build their own tacos, starting with a little lettuce in the bottom of a taco shell. Top with the ground beef, cheese, salsa, and guacamole.
Don't Miss: Mexican Recipes for the Whole Family