Even better: It is a snap to prepare. The dough takes only minutes to prepare, using Bisquick and water. The filling is even faster, because it uses rotisserie chicken and prepared barbecue sauce.
Indeed, this is one of those easy calzone recipes that tastes as good as it looks.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1-1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken breast or cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 Tbsp. finely-chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups baking mix, such as Bisquick
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the chicken, barbecue sauce, onion, cilantro and cheese. Set aside.
- Lightly sprinkle flour over a cutting board.
- Stir together baking mix and boiling water in a small bowl. Use your hands to form a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into four equal pieces. On the floured cutting board, roll each piece of dough out to a 6-inch circle.
- Spoon one-quarter of the chicken mixture onto half of each dough circle. Fold the uncovered dough over the chicken-covered dough, and use the tines of a fork to press the edges together and seal.
- Brush each calzone with some of the beaten egg.
- Place calzones on an ungreased baking sheet and bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Chicken Breast RecipesCranberry Chicken Recipe
Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
Crockpot Orange Chicken
Grilled Chicken Sandwich
Potato Chip Chicken
Kung Pao Chicken
Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Chicken RecipesBBQ Chicken Recipe
BBQ Chicken Quesadillas
Buttermilk Fried Chicken
Baked Chicken Tenders
Baked Chicken with Vegetables
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Cheesy Chicken Tenders
Chicken Egg Rolls
Chicken French Bread Pizza
Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic
Chinese Chicken Salad
Crockpot Lemonade Chicken
Impossible Chicken Pie
Lemon Roasted Chicken
Mexican Chicken Salad
Oven Barbecued Chicken
Peanut Chicken Tenders
Pineapple Coconut Chicken Rice Casserole
Thai Chicken Pizza
White Chicken Chili