Chicken KabobsKabobs have magical powers for kids. The exact same food served on a plate may hold no appeal to them. But put it on a stick and voila! Suddenly, it becomes tasty. Such is the case when I make these chicken kabobs. The red pepper and spring onion add beautiful color to these chicken kabobs.
Don't Miss: BBQ Chicken Recipes
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1-1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 small red pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4-5 spring onions, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Combine the chicken, red pepper and onions in a glass bowl.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken and vegetables, turning to coat well. Refrigerate 20-30 minutes.
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat, or heat a cast iron grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Thread skewers with chicken and vegetables (remember to soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes prior to using to prevent burning).
- Grill chicken kabobs 10-15 minutes until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.