Feel free to vary the ingredients of this recipe to suit your taste. Try this recipe with tomato salsa or queso fresco (Mexican cheese) for a change of pace.
Don't Miss: Easy Mexican Recipes Your Family Will Crave
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 6 Servings of Chicken Enchiladas
- 15 corn tortillas
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken (such as leftover rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2-1/2 cups green tomatillo salsa from a jar (such as Trader Joe's or Frontera)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (cheddar and Monterey Jack)
- chopped avocado, lettuce and tomatoes, for garnish (optional)
- Place 2-3 tortillas between two slightly moist paper towels. Microwave on high 30 seconds. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Set aside.
- Mix shredded chicken and sour cream together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Place about 1/2 cup of the salsa in the bottom of the prepared pan. Top with 3-4 tortillas, overlapping if necessary.
- Top with shredded chicken mixture. Top with about 1 cup of the salsa, and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Repeat layers, ending with the cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil, and bake 25 minutes. Remove foil, and bake another 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and the casserole is bubbly.
- Let the enchiladas rest 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with chopped avocado, lettuce and tomatoes, if desired