This chicken manicotti recipe is one of my favorite make-ahead weeknight meals, because it is so easy. You assemble this recipe one day, then let it sit overnight in the fridge. The next day, you bake it. And there's very little prep involved in assembling this manicotti.
Don't Miss: Easy Pasta Recipes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
refrigeration time: 12 hours
Total Time: 13 hours
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 28 oz. jars spaghetti sauce
- 1 pound chicken tenders or chicken breasts
- 14-16 uncooked manicotti shells
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded smoked mozzarella cheese
- Spread 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce over the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Slice the chicken breast or chicken tenders into thin strips, about 3/4-inch wide.
- Place one chicken slice into each manicotti shell. Lay on top of the spaghetti sauce in the pan.
- Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over manicotti shells, making sure to coat completely.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate 12 to 24 hours.
- Before baking, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Uncover the manicotti and sprinkle with the cheeses.
- Bake, covered, 45 minutes. Uncover and continue baking until cheese is golden and bubbly, about 15 minutes.
Don't Miss: Chicken Pasta Bake