This Crockpot meatloaf recipe is the perfect make-ahead meal. I've found that slow cooker helps the meatloaf retain more moisture than baked meatloaf, so I can use leaner cuts of ground beef or turkey for this recipe without having to worry about it drying out.
Cook Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 4 hours
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup ketchup, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking oatmeal (uncooked)
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 3 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, carrots and celery. Cook until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook another minute. Stir in 1/2 cup of the ketchup. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add oatmeal, ground beef, ground turkey, salt and pepper.
- Add ketchup mixture. Mix well.
- Shape into a loaf and place in the Crockpot stoneware.
- Whisk together Dijon mustard and remaining ketchup. Spoon over meatloaf.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or high 4 hours.
Don't Miss: Meatloaf Recipes