Crockpot Chili RecipeThis Crockpot chili recipe is as tasty as it is easy to prepare. Ramen noodle cole slaw and cornbread make delicious accompaniments to this Crockpot chili recipe.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
Total Time: 8 hours, 15 minutes
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, red pepper or poblano pepper diced
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 14 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14 oz. can chili beans, undrained
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup canned sliced jalapeno peppers (optional)
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and fresh cilantro for garnish
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Drain and transfer beef to the slow cooker. Add the next 10 ingredients (through jalapeno peppers) to the slow cooker.
- Cook on high, 4-5 hours or low, 6-8 hours.
- Just before serving, taste and add salt and pepper, as needed. If chili appears too watery, remove 1/2 to 1 cup of the liquid, stir in 1 Tbsp. of cornstarch and return it to the slow cooker. Cook until thickened, about 15 minutes.
Chili RecipesChili Con Carne
Easy Chili Recipe
Beef Chili Recipe
Crockpot Chili Recipe
Hot Dog Chili
Turkey Chili Recipe
Vegetarian Chili Recipe
White Chicken Chili